House of Forgings
Iron Baluster Shoes
- Hollow = Aluminum
- Solid = Iron
- Shoes are an optional accessory and do not serve any structural purpose. Baluster shoes as with balusters are
- Baluster shoes are used to conceal any visible gaps surrounding the hole in which the baluster will be inserted and fastened, particularly with square balusters.
- It is not recommended to use Aluminum Shoes with Solid Iron Balusters or Iron Shoes with Hollow Balusters.
- The surface texture just like the balusters, will be noticeably different for Iron Shoes versus Aluminum Shoes.
- Most of the metal balusters that we offer, have a round pin/dowel at the top for easy installation and will not require a top shoe. Top shoe is optional.